Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Living Purpose “LP” Entries ~ 30 Days…

Inspirations – Faith Evans – Everyday Struggle… ((http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbzqxe0GJP4&feature=channel)(NOTE:  Raekwon does his share of profanity but disregard it and my apologies if it is offensive.) &

Philippians 1:9-10 (New International Version)
9 And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, 10 so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ.

On next Tuesday, Faith Evans will release her latest project, “Something about Faith”. I was checking out YouTube and found a song from her latest. A familiar track to those that are Biggie Smalls fans, “Everyday Struggle”. She’s puts her spend on it and it’s got a nice chill sound to it. Listening to the lyrics got me the thinking about the rest of this year, and of course, the past.

At 29, I can honestly say that I love me. Something that until the age of 25, I didn’t acknowledge; rather, didn’t know how to do. And going through the Living Purpose course is revealing to me that once again, I am worth it. I am somebody. Now many would say, why are you being so selfish and vain? But, if you only knew. In the latter of my 20’s, I’ve done a lot of growing. I can honestly say (God willing) that as I exit my 20’s and enter 30 in April 2011, I feel a since of accomplishment and gratitude. I have a career, finances are better, on the verge of major investments, but MOST OF ALL… I’m at real peace in God. A peace of mind is golden, but a peace in one’s soul is a reminder that the foundation is Christ. Solid through and through.

My church, starting tomorrow, will embark on a 30-day fast and prayer for October. I’ve done fastings before, but nothing for this length of time. And usually, I wasn’t as committed. But as October 1st approaches, I see where God is allowing things and events to unfold that have me thinking, “I need to do this. There’s something that God desires for me and I must seize the moment. The only way it will happen now is by me being obedient to God.” Certain foods that we are to fast from, develop the prayer life even more, and study the Word. But there are few other things I hope to incorporate as well. I’m a Facebook addict indeed lol. Usually I go on there to play the games or chit chat about any and everything with my friends, but I wonder. Am I giving FB too much attention, versus God? Sounds silly, but I have to be real with myself. So for the month of October, I’m going to take a hiatus from FB as well.

One thing I won’t cut back on is writing. I still have a couple weeks left in the Living Purpose course, but I will also keep a journal of my progress on throughout the month. Who knows, I may even bring the Lil’ Son Chronicles back, but we’ll see. But all and all, I hope to take this month of October as a time to speak to and hear from God more. My hope also is that this will mark a new level in relationship with God.

THOUGHT: This is a statement from the course book, Experiencing God:

“When God is about to do something through you, He has to get you from where you are to where He is, so He tells you what He is doing.”

With God leading, I’m ready…

Father God:

Thank You for who You are. With every challenge that came my way, You have always been Truth. Father God, as I continue on this walk with You, I pray that I have an open heart to receive from You. Lord, for all that will embark on this experience at my church, be with them. Lord, I thank You for my pastor, Jay Cameron. Continue to add unto him, as He does Your Work. Bless his wife, his children, his family and all. To each church member; Lord be with them. Meet them where they need You. I pray that through this period that they be strengthened encouraged, and that they experience You in such a profound way. Bless my family, friends, fraternity brothers, and all. Lord, You know what we all stand in need of. And You know what our potential is. Pull the full potential out of us, so that we can be effective in Your Work. Continue God to have Your Way in us all.

Thank You Now In Jesus Christ,
Amen…

No comments: