Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dollar$ & $en$e – Entering Week #5: Status Update

Well, I must say I’m shocking myself.  It dawned on me that I am closer to completing step 1 (having a $1000 in an emergency fund) than I thought.  Initially I said that I would save $10.00/day starting with November 1 until the end of the course and still doing just that.  But when I looked at my accounts in the credit union, to my surprise, I’m almost at the goal of a $1000 dollars…. YES!!!  Also, because I am in the waiting stage on the settlement date, I’ve been careful to watch how I spent the mullah, so the checking account is looking pretty good.  I believe that a good foundation is being created and I’m excited about that.  There are still several goals that I have in mind and the only way they will come to pass is that I make sure these are goals line up with God’s work and if so, that I write them down so I can be accountable.
1.        Pay off the Navy Federal Card… So far I owe about $6000 and I actually see the light at the end.  The issue is should I pay this first or second.  This leads to #2.
2.       Pay off the Acura… I owe roughly about $6,000 and I could see myself aggressively paying this off by June 2011.  The catch to that is I would have to double up on a few payments and with the budget in place, I gotta be mindful of the necessities.  However, if I did pay it off, that’s $500.00 that can be diverted to the credit card or a portion to the card and a portion to the savings.
3.       Change over to Boost Mobile… Self explanatory… NO ANNUAL CONTRACTS… UNLIMITED TEXT & TALK… ALL FOR $50.00 A MONTH… I sound like the commercial…. But I like that… but this will happen in a phase over time.
4.       Decide if I should allow the job to pay the student loans or make the effort to do myself.  Sigh… now it would seem like this should be an easy answer, but the sacrifice is, “do I allow them to pay off the loan, at the sake of staying here for additional years?”  Hmmmm…
5.       And finally… pay off the house.  Well, first… I guess I need to move into it lol!!!  But most would argue that the house is your way not to owe in taxes, but at the same token…there’s a lot you can do when you don’t have a mortgage. 
There was a question that discussed on last night.  “What would if feel like to be completely debt free?”  The last time I was debt free was when I 18 years old.  I was crossing the stage at I.C. Norcom High School.  I think 11 years is long enough to be slave to the lender and not have the knowledge to come out.  What’s funny is that like most kids, I didn’t understand what it meant to be debt free.  I was kid.  Now, when I look back, I realize I had it made…. But I will again lol…  I think there are a mess of feelings that come to mind when I think of the day I will be debt free.  Notice I said, “WHEN” because it’s going to happen.  And because of that, I take a page out of Brother Marvin Sapp’s book… PRAISE HIM ADVANCE!
THOUGHT:  I think the ultimate goal that any of us can set is to make a better effort to serve God.  There are so many goals that we all have.  School, marriage, family, financial freedom, ministry… and so on and so on… But with all these length and lofty goals… make sure that the ultimate goal you have in mind, spirit, and heart… to live for God… then and only then can you live like no one else…   Keep pressing forward all and know that I am praying and praising God for your deliverance, healing, and your freedom… most of all your continuous growing relationship with God.
Day 30 down… 61 days to go… and a lifetime of prosperity in God

No comments: