Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 10, 2010

Living Purpose “LP” Entries ~ Better Place…

Inspiration ~ Michelle Williams – Better Place (9.11) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NW5R19CzLc, September 11th, 2001, and Psalm 91:1

Why do we continue to mourn? The endless tears got you in a bind? Miss your mom? Or maybe your dad? Bruh, you miss saying “I Love You Baby?” Wishing you could kiss her again? We all were affected by that day, September 11th, 2001. But a selected few are really hurting. And I’m hurting with them. Their pain is my pain, their joy is my joy. And I’ll say this to all the victims’ loved ones, I have plenty of God’s joy to share with you. How they died differs, but I know how it feels to bury a father, a grandfather, uncles, an aunt, cousins, friends, and fraternity brothers. And know that as difficult it is, you will persevere. God prepared you long ago for this and every other event and knows that you will rise.

It’s been 9 years since that day and the wounds are still fresh for many. The #1 question, “WHY?” The feelings of anger, depression, and confusion are all around. And yet God reminds us that He is with us in the MIDST OF ALL. That alone should help to ease the pain, but it still is indeed a challenge. To add to insult on top, we now are puzzled as to why a man, Pastor Terry Jones, feels such hatred to the Muslims. I can understand your opinions about any religion outside of Christianity, but Pastor Jones I wonder… have you forgotten about real Christianity. Have you forgotten that it’s not a religion, but a relationship God desires? Have you forgot that we are to love the Lord with all our heart, mind, body, soul; everything about and within us… and that we ought to love thy neighbor as the Lord loves us? The treatment we can give to one another; if God treated us the same way. Take away the titles for a minute. We are children of God and we are to let His light shine so that when others see us, they see Holiness. When did we as Christians forget that?

This also leads to my next point. A personal relationship with God is essential. There are a lot of wonderful preachers and writers that preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And we bless God for them. But what do you do with the message? Forget about it on Monday morning? With any message that you received, you should always go to God and if it is a message from God, receive, and apply it. To those that are following Pastor Jones; I am concerned. I believe God ordained him for ministry, but I pray that God would remind him of to Love Others as God Loves Him. Also that those following him, know that their true identity is found in Christ.

Finally, I go back to the victims. Hmmm, we can’t call them victims anymore. That spouse, parent, child, and/or loved one is saying, “Don’t cry for me. I’m at peace with God. It’s such a wonderful place. Everyone is joyful and full of Love. Just trust God. He’s waiting for you with open arms.”

I think those, that know the Lord, have gone on (due to 9/11 and any event) would tells us they truly understand this verse and want for us to understand it, even now. Psalm 91:1 - He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

Father God,

I thank You for grace and mercy. I ask that You be with the families and loved ones of the 9/11 attacks. Comfort them, as well as the Nation at large in the way Only You can provide. Father God, I ask that You be with my brother in You, Pastor Terry Jones. Lord, You know the offenses within him. Help him to face those hurts and to deal with them under Your Subjection. Lord, remind him of the call You given him. Let him not sway from Your Invitation into Your Work. Lord, so many hurts are out there trying to hinder the growth of Your Kingdom, but God I ask that You have Your Way in everything that concerns us and the Plan that You desire us to follow...

In Jesus Christ Name...Amen.

With the events that occurred that day and all that has happened... if you don't know who this man I speak on, Jesus Christ... I say to you now, today is great opportunity to make the best decision for eternity. Submit who you are or rededicate who you are to Christ and let Him make you a new creature…

No comments: