Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 18, 2008

Repost: Can I???

*Good Morning Everyone:
This is the day that the Lord has made and we should rejoice and be glad. Yeah, it is yet another Monday morning...many of us up at work. But I pray that you all are having a blessed day and that your week be blessed also.* Enjoy the repost...

Inspiration ~ I Can – Kirk Franklin

Look into my heart and you will see pieces of a broken man
Behind the music there
s an empty space that no one seems to understand
Imagine how it feels to be so down you cannot hear a melody
Imagine how it feels to look in the mirror and never like what you see

Who can make my dark clouds brighter
Who can take my broken spirit higher
Who can love me like I really need to be loved
I can hear a quiet voice say, I can


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Remember as a child when you would ask the teacher, “Can I use the bathroom?” Most would say yes. I remember in the sixth grade, I would ask Mrs. Speight, “Can I use the bathroom?” And she would reply, “Well I don’t know, can you?”

Of course I would look at her like she was crazy but then she said, “Don’t ask can you, ask may you.” She didn’t tell me why, but when I got home, I asked my grandmother about it.

She said, “Son, you asking can you use the bathroom is saying are you capable of going to a restroom and using the facility properly. Asking may you use the bathroom is actually asking for permission.”

I think about that now and wonder... how many times have we asked can I? In life, many occurrences will tear us down and leave us wondering, “Can I?” “Am I capable of going, doing and being?”

Amazing enough God reminds us in His Word, that through Christ we can do all things. And why, because He reminds us that even in our brokenness, He whispers, “I Can.” Many of us have been stretched all around because of life and we wonder if we can? The answer is that yes, we can...

We can because He died for us and got up with all power and that power lives in us. And because He can.... we may boldly give God all the praises for all that He can do in us...

THOUGHT: Always be mindful, that you can do anything... with God... you will do far more than you can ever imagine... instead of saying, “Can I” say “I Claim It...” Remember speak over yourself...

No comments: