Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Lil’ Son Productions ~ This One Thing...

I think it was couple years of ago when my girl Amerie came back with her second album, Touch... She did have this banging track, “One Thing.” The beat is gansta... and I like her voice... But of course I listened to the chorus and there goes my mind.

Chorus

It's this one thing that's got me trippin
It's this one thing that's got me trippin (you did)
This one thing my soul may be feeling
It's this one thing you did oh oh
It's this one thing that caught me slippin
It's this one thing I want to admit it
This one thing and I was so with it
It's this one thing you did oh oh

Bridge

Maybe I just can't believe it
It's this one thing you did oh oh
I can't deny, tired of trying
Open up the door, but just keep on seeing you
I'm hoping you can keep a secret
For me, for me, for me
But what you did, yeah

Now I know she’s referring to a dude that apparently put it on her lol... but reading this chorus and bridge ... hmmm.... I started thinking something else.

Think of one thing that God walked with you through until it was finished. Anything. Think about it long and hard. Remember all the emotions behind it. The people in your circle at the time. The time of year; season. Take all of that in. Now like most people that one thing will cause you to think of many things.

But how about this thing:

The one thing that God did that has us all trippin’ still is:

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Ain’t it something? To think that God... all power... here and there at the same time... Alpha and Omega... Jireh... Nissi... Rapha ... would you and me sooo much that He allow His Son perfect Son to die for us; the imperfect.

And not only did Jesus Christ die.... He got up... and not only did He get up... He got up with all Power... and not only does He possess all Power... because we are heirs... we have all power.

Now if that ain’t enough for you to start trippin’ lol...

THOUGHT:

There are many blessings God bestows upon us all. But this for me has to be best thing God ever did for me. Through death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, I have the opportunity to live for God. As I mentioned once before, each day God blesses us to wake up, He has given us another opportunity to make a change. The power that Christ possesses does indeed live within you and me. This power is ever changing us and we should everyday be willing to tap into it so that we can go to the next level in God.

Side Thought:

I can't deny, tired of trying
Open up the door, but just keep on seeing you

Many of us are running from God and don’t realize it. That is until we reached the second wind. All the doors that you opened may not have been apart of His Plan for you, but He’s always there...

No comments: