Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 25, 2008

Lil’ Son Chronicles ~ The Reminder to Be Humble...

This past weekend was quite interesting in a number of ways. Conversations ranged from issues at work, to fake people, to drama, to the Word and so on. But all and all, God has reminded me of something that I am truly grateful to Him for; that is to be humble.

You know it’s something when you get saved. Your mindset has the option to change and indeed it does. But instead of it being a humble experience if we are not careful it can become a level cockiness and arrogance that will cloud what God is trying to do in you and in turn in many others. From time to time I always go to these two verses:

Romans 15

1) We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves.

2) Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

From time to time we are the strong person that helps the weak and from time to time we are the weak person that needs the strong person. Case and point, me as an individual, I don’t know it all. And while God has blessed me with talents and spiritual gifts, someone else may have spiritual gifts and talents that may be a blessing to me as well.

A buddy of mines and I were talking on yesterday. He said so many things that registered with me. It was a blessing indeed because for one, it was almost like looking at a mirror image of how I used to be. Conversation wise... thoughts of appearance... self worth and etc. But I do say “almost” because there was a difference. You see while he admits to the fact that there are areas in his life that are not up to par, he also had a reason to say Thank You Jesus for the blessings. And that was something I, myself 5 years ago, could not do while going through.

At that moment, I know the Lord spoke to me and said, “In a lot of ways you were him, but in a lots way he is you.” Of course I’m like what ‘cha mean God??”

The Vincent that people see now is quite different from 2003... Even from 2007. And while I am grateful for the changes that God has made, I must also be reminded that humility must be in midst of the growing process.

So here are some points or thoughts:

Be mindful that who you are is not by your own merit. God is the reason why we are still here and have the ability to grow in Him.

Don’t forget where you come from. The bottom ain’t dat far from the top and vice versa.

If you know or see people that are going through, be a blessing and share your testimony. I believe that God bringing you out the situation is only part of the healing process. But once you can look at that past hurt, see the testimony in it, and be able to let someone else know that they can make it, that’s when the healing comes full circle.

Give God thanks for the reminder. When God starts to bless us we tend to forget that a time ago, things were not always on the good end. But God will remind you (or snatch you back) to remind you to be humble and compassionate.

THOUGHT: As challenging as it is, being humble will keep you grounded. And if you are humble to God in who you are, He will elevate you to the next level.

P.S. I like to end this chronicle off with a few songs that I really like... Enjoy

Israel & Nu Breed

Vicki Yohe

Yolanda Adams

No comments: