Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 8, 2010

Living Purpose "LP" Entries ~ Physics 101...

NOTE:  See not every person that studies the sciences, takes it for what it is "truth".  It too must fall to the subjection of the "TRUTH" The Word of God that is...

Proverbs 3:1-6
1 My son/daughter, do not forget my teaching,
       but keep my commands in your heart,
 2 for they will prolong your life many years
       and bring you prosperity.
 3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
       bind them around your neck,
       write them on the tablet of your heart.
 4 Then you will win favor and a good name
       in the sight of God and man.
 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
       and lean not on your own understanding;
 6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
       and he will make your paths straight.

Destiny’s Child had a song that many people remember.  A song that many women felt empowered by, “Independent Women.”  And while it was a song for the ladies, it spoke self empowerment to both sexes.  The ability to have your own, or more or less, do you.  Beyonce proposed the question, “Tell me what you think about me?”  But the questions that I propose are, “Why you need someone to validate you?  Should it solely matter what someone thinks of you?  Shouldn't what God thinks of you matter the most?  ”

It is amazing that many of us feel we are truly independent.  Don’t need nobody and nothing.  But yet our actions say the independence we claim is for a convenience.  Take a high school graduate.  He/she is excited that they have that diploma and so ready to be “grown.”  However, being grown comes with both known and hidden responsibilities.  It’s not enough to say I’m grown and I can do what I want.  I mean you can, but think about that because there’s a price that you have to pay for everything. 

Which takes me back to undergrad; sophomore year at ECSU; pondering... "why am I doing a physics degree again ?!?! LOL."  I recall sitting in Dr. Choudury’s University Physics class.  Newton’s Laws of Motion.  *sigh* lol...  He always would say to me, these laws go beyond physics.  In fact these laws are a way of life.

Bear with me as I go back to my true NERD days... but then I never left those days, just got cooler lol...
  • A particle will stay at rest or continue at a constant velocity unless acted upon by an external unbalanced force.
    • You and I are the particle.  And while we claim we are independent and doing ourselves, are we truly being independent (in control) over things that will build us up as well as someone else?  Are we being selfish when it comes to “do you syndrome" and forgetting that somebody prayed/is praying for us?  This unbalanced force called "life" can be a hindrance or stepping stone.  Does the action of the external unbalanced force cause an internal growth or death.

  • The net force on an object is equal to the mass of the object multiplied by its acceleration.
    • The object.  My spirit man.  How far and fast will it go?  Does it choose to speak quickly and walk slowly?  Does it choose to pray and fast?  Does it rule or does the flesh have reign?

  • Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.
    • With everything that we do; there’s cause and effect.  In me, making decisions, I have the power to affect others.  If I’m selfish with mines, then I can potentially block someone else’s blessing.  When you try to help someone, and they don’t show the appreciation... initially you have the mindset to become angry and bitter to helping others.  And while that may seem valid, the question I proposed; who looses out?  Who is it that needs the knowledge or to learn the lesson so that they can be renewed and potentially figure out the cure for some illness or lead to your deliverance?  And the equal and opposite reaction; hmmm.... do right by others... cause the treatment will come back.

THOUGHT:  There is nothing wrong with being self sufficient.  But is it internal?  Is it based on your relationship with God?  Something for me to ponder over as well as you...  At 29, I am grateful that I can hold my own.  However, while I claim my "independence..." it is all due to the DEPENDENCE that I have in God.  I guess that’s the key... 

 Instead of depending on this one and that one to come thru, why not depend on God? 

 After all we are...

"7Rooted and  built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
 8See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.
 9For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority." - Colossians 2:7-10 

Think about it...

No comments: