Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Living Purpose “LP” Entries ~ The Journey Continues…

Philippians 3:15-16 (The Message)
So let's keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision—you'll see it yet! Now that we're on the right track, let's stay on it.
13 weeks, we did it!  We made it through Living Purpose class!  YEAH!!!!  Excited, but a little sad.  In 13 weeks, I’ve established some good friendships and it’s always a blessing when brothers and sisters in Christ can come together and simply fellowship.  But more so, I am excited because through this class I have truly experienced God.  But through this class there’s one thing that sticks out; the journey continues. 
It would be easy if I was told, “Oh you go through this 13-week session and all of your problems are solved.”  Not that easy lol… but this course has added to the foundation God has laid long ago within me.
With anything that we complete, we feel great.  Another check off the “things to do” list.  Take for an example.  I remember graduating from college.  Excited because that was over with and was ready for my job lol.  Little did I know that would come with a process that would constantly remind me of my past and all that God has brought me through.  Many tough love lessons, tears, and all.  But today, I sit and think back to when I cross that stage to receive my degree. I think of all that has occurred in those 7 years and if someone told me on Jan. 27th, 2003… Feb. 27th, 2003… Dec. 2004… the summer of 2005… that right now I would be here with a state of humility and gratefulness, I would have never believed them.  And yet I am here… with so much work to do for God.  Work that I’m joyful for.  Joyful, because over that course of the 7 years I’ve been here in DC, I haven’t always been grateful for the good and bad.  But today in 2010, I can say that through everything, I now know that God was always there and that He has and continues to be at work in me and through me. 
What this course has done for me is opened my eyes wider.  Spiritual eyes that is.  I’ve become a bit more conscious of God and His Voice.  And while I celebrate completing this course… I know that this marks a new level in relationship with God. 
To All:  We all have various goals that we set.  But why?  What do you hope to obtain from that accomplished goal?  Will it add to others as well as yourself?  Once that goal is said and done, will it give you the ability to seek the next goal?  To embark on what God is calling you to do?  When you have gone through an experience with God, your life is not the same.  Some things you don’t want to do anymore… some places you don’t want to go back to… some people you don’t want to entertain.  And it’s not because you are above it all… but because, you have a hunger now to seek God and accept His invitation into His Work.  It can be a challenge to stay ground in God, but always study His Word… stay in prayer… surround yourself with people that are doing the Will of God… and continue to always seek a love relationship with God.  If we do these things… we can not go wrong.
Father God:
I thank You for this day.  Father God, I thank You for this course.  This course has added so much to me God and I’m grateful that You continue to use me to be a blessing to so many.  Lord, I thank You for new friendships established through this course.  God, I ask that you would continue to bless my brothers and sisters.  As we all have come to the end of this course, let this be only the beginning of the journey You have for each of us.  Strengthen us, encourage us… love us as only You can…
In Jesus Christ,
Amen…
This will be the last Living Purpose Entry… but don’t worry…  God has plenty in store and I await His instructions.  More writing is on the way… I just want to thank everyone for the love, support, and prayers.  I pray that God will continue to add to you all.

No comments: