Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Living Purpose “LP” Entries ~ Dear God…

Inspirations: Sunday, August 22, 2010 & .... Psalm 100 (NIV)

A psalm. For giving thanks.

1. Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
2. Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.
3. Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
5. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Father God:

How many ways can I say thank You? You never cease to amaze me. Lord, the family you given me; related and unrelated, I thank You. In the past month and half now, I have been fortunate enough to experience more of You. Things that I assumed I was an expert in and yet through this class, I am learning that there’s so much to learn over and over. But I see how it really is giving me a peace of mind. Something that I didn’t always have. God, to know that You invite me into Your Work… to know that I can join You in Your Work and truly learn more of You. To be love by You God, I am humbled. You have blessed us all with careers, gifts, talents, financial stability, and so on…. But peace of mind we can’t buy, joy we can’t conjure up… Something that we can’t fully explain. Lord, I ask that You continue to instruct each of us. Renew in each of us Your strength, so that we can complete the work that You’ve began in us. To serve You, to minister to Your People, to Love our neighbors as You Love us. In Jesus Christ Name… Amen…

THOUGHT: There are times when one sits back and reflects on the goodness of Jesus Christ. For some, there are tears of joy. Some will shout the highest praise… Others will imitate the “dance of David”. Some will simply fall to their knees in silence… But it will do your heart, mind, and soul good to simply sit and reflect on God. Think of when you should have died. That abusive relationship. The pain you endured from being raped. The wanting to shoot your arm up with drugs… and yet today, you can look in the mirror and see where God has delivered you from. A beautiful thing to know that satan has no authority over you. A beautiful thing to know that God loves you first and the most. And know, you and I, we have the power to go in Jesus Christ’s Name and share His Love with others. Testify to someone about your past… the bondage you were once in. Let them see and hear that you are free. And so they will be too.

Be blessed and I love you all… I pray each of you have a blessed week. And remember… SMILE… it only takes 17 muscles… and can have impact for an eternity… Can you imagine how many souls can be set free from something that simple? Give it a try… guaranteed to see things happen and folks testifying…

No comments: