Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Living Purpose "LP" Entries ~ Names of God...

This one will be very short....

Let me start off by saying this class, Living Purpose, and book, Experiencing God, it will MESS YO' WALK UP! Hands down lol. But I am really glad I decided to take it... It is really making a difference.

We are in unit 5, but I had to go back and finish with Unit 4 and wow... There's a phrase that really has me going, "You will never be satisfied merely to know about God. Knowing God comes only through experience as He reveals Himself to you." But the 2nd day in this unit will really have you laid out lol. It's called Worship God... and it's just that.. this book breaks down all the different names of God with corresponding verses. There so many but it''s like yeah, wow, I know and experience God in that way too. All by a name.

An assignment from day 2 was to go to the back of the book and read through the names of God/Christ/Holy Spirit and worship Him based on how the names affect or have affected you. And I gotta admit... awesome...

But that makes me ask... The pharse above, do you really want to know more about God and who you are by experience? The various names of God; how do you call Him? Is He, Jireh... your provider... is He your healer... He is a comforter...God of retribution... Your strength.... How do you view Christ; Son of Man, Teacher, The stone the builders rejected - 1 Peter 2:7 (okay, I gotta write up something on that!), the truth... or how about the Holy Spirit; the spirit of justice, the gift, the seal, spirit of holiness... or is it so much that all you can say is He is My Everything?

I think for the next couple days I will definitely meditate on this... just who God/Christ/Holy Spirit has been to me... to me now... and to me in the future... One thing is for sure... past, present, future... He's the same...

Be blessed all!

No comments: