Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Lil’ Son Chronicles ~ Serving the World... A Story of Viola Vaughn...

Okay... so for the last couple days, I have been breaking down the message from Sunday courtesy of Pastor Cameron. The message, “How to Live the Blessed Life,” broke down to three steps:

  1. Love God. The deal is this... without the Love of God in you... DO NOT expect to made whole.

  1. Love Yo’ Neighbor. Loving God is top priority... but you prove your love for God when you are obedient to His Word and love others.

  1. And today we will talk about serving the world.

Yolanda Adams had a cut some years back that is one of my favorites, Save the World. On a live version of this song, she said, “We’ve been commissioned to save the world.” Real talk, we are y’all. Don’t believe me... check this out:

Matthew 28: 16-20

16. Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go.

17. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted.

18. Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

19. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

20. And teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

On last week an interesting conversation came up. On Thanksgiving Day, the family was all around and we got on the subject of other family members and my grandmother said something that stuck out to me. She made comment in reference to some woman that “would bust hell wide open...”

Of course my sisters were like... “Momma (that’s what we call grandma sometimes)... Momma that’s not right... you should pray for her.”

Grandma: Well, I don’t all that strength to pray like that.

And then there’s me and my mouth (LOL... I swear I’ma be put out the will LMBO!):

Me: Well grandma... Jesus Christ got up with all power in His hand and that same power rest upon us so... if He’s all power and we have a piece of that... don’t we then have the strength to do all things?”

Of course there was silence... I think I may have pissed her off a lil’ bit which was not my intention, but this is stuff her and grandpa would tell me as a child, hence Grandpa sitting in the other chair nodding in agreeance and cheesing...

In Matthew 28... Jesus has risen and now He gives out one of the greatest commissions... to make disciples and baptize in His Name... and teach to the nations what He taught them (the 11 disciples).

Today we would also look at that as this:

Matthew 5:16. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

But how can yo’ light shine if you don’t follow steps 1 & 2... I find that at times, when you just do what God says... most of the time you don’t really have to say much. When one makes the decision to acknowledge that 1) God have placed an anointing on then & 2) to operate in the anointing... that the light from Heaven will be so bright... folks will see a glow around you that make them ask... hmmm what I gotta do to get that type light in me? Who is this person y’all talk about....? Jesus Christ?

Sometimes many of us feel that we don’t have what it takes to save the world... I know I use to feel that only the pastors and folks of the church could... but I realized that anyone can. Something small as a smile can have the potential to prevent a person wanting to kill themselves. A hug can remind a single mom that God is with her and in spite of the situation... she will prevail... Even when you have a disagreement with someone... a kind word can turn away wrath... and furthermore can have the potential have a ripple effect that will be an added blessing to many. Just know; if you know that you have a reason to give God praise then you can testify to others; hence doing your part to save the world.

Below are a couple YouTube clips I found of a woman named Viola Vaughn. Pastor Cameron showed a video clip of it during service and I was amazed. Through an event that could have caused her to lose focus... she made the choice to turn her misery in ministry...

Indeed we all have our hang-ups... but hey like Dr. Mattie Moss Clark said... He was hung up for my hang-ups. Indeed we all have mishaps and yeah we have to go through... But it’s a time for all of that including... being prosperous in the Spirit of God which really is all the time seeing you are alive, breathing, with working limbs... a job... a house... a car... peace of mind... and we can go on ... lol... But with all of this ... know that to have the blessed life... you have to Love God... Love Yo’ Neighbor... and do your part to Save This World. But that all starts with You and I. And before that can happen, we gotta be willing to give who we all to God. Challenge indeed. Sometimes God will allow you to get to end of yourself, before returning to Him. Also, know that you can’t force the Lord on anyone, just being true and obedient to the Word of God will alone draw people to ask how can I get help... And another thing (AND I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN THIS: Do not half step when it comes to helping others. Be real always; even when they may not like what’s being heard. 9 times out 10, they feeling convicted by what’s being said cause they know God has spoke with them on the same matter. Also, don’t half step because; if you know that God has truly brought you out of some tight situations... then don’t be ashamed to talk about Him... After all... He didn’t have to wake you up this morning...

Father God:

Thank You for this Word that was channel through Your Child... Jay Cameron. Lord thank You for a new day that I have never seen. Another opportunity to make a change and to seek You more. Lord, I pray that all who have read these messages will be blessed by it as I have. It’s something God that I know for myself I wrestle with as far as loving myself... loving You... and loving others. And now God, I bless Your Name for creating in me a heart for You... that helps me to believe in You... believe in myself... and believe that with You... that we all have the victory...

In Jesus Name...

Amen

Be blessed y’all. Have fun shopping but don’t forget... everyday is Christmas... so celebrate now...

No comments: