Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 1, 2008

Lil’ Son Chronicles ~ Livin’ a Blessed Life...

What up people? Ight... I know everybody has stuffed themselves for thanksgiving lol... well I know I did lol... nonetheless... I hope you enjoyed your families and loved ones... now let’s get it going... another work week.... yeah *being sarcastic* lol... but serious have a blessed week y’all...

Now we all have heard the song from the Clark Sisters... Livin’... but let’s take it to another level. Yesterday in church, Pastor Jay Cameron spoke on something that we say a lot of but don’t understand... to live the blessed life. There was so much that was said so I’ll break this up into a few messages.

Step 1 to living a blessed life. Love God.

Amazing when we love that somebody... we gotta tell our best friends and so on and so on. You know how it is. I can recall when I was involved with this chick a few years back. All I knew was her and all my peoples knew her. Well at the same time... I kind of put everyone else on the side line... all because of the excitement that she brought me. The question that Pastor Jay proposed... Why not apply that same type of excitement for God? Got me the thinking... hmmm.

When your love for God is top priority, meaning... you and God are in right relationship... you will start to here from Him that there are things, places and some people that you have to leave alone. Now... don’t think I’m saying just forsake folks and act like you better... Don’t get it twisted lol... but if you know that God has told you not to hang out with certain people that can hinder you and you hinder them... don’t be hard-headed lol... All God looking for is people that have a heart for Him and are willing to be obedient. Now that’s easier said than done... but it can be done. Just take it a day at a time.

Furthermore, as stated earlier, be obedient. Don’t believe me... check out the Word and see it for yo’ self...

Deuteronomy 6:1-9

1) These are the commands, decrees and laws the LORD your God directed me to teach you to observe in the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess, 2) so that you, your children and their children after them may fear the LORD your God as long as you live by keeping all his decrees and commands that I give you, and so that you may enjoy long life. 3) Hear, O Israel, and be careful to obey so that it may go well with you and that you may increase greatly in a land flowing with milk and honey, just as the LORD, the God of your fathers, promised you.

4) Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. 5) Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6) These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. 7) Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8) Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9) Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

When you love someone... you want to make sure that they know that... and that’s cool... but I know I have said in the past that I love God, but He turns around and says, “Well son do you? I mean all I see is you being depressed, down in the dumps... smoking... drinking... sleeping around... I mean... the last I checked... I CREATED YOU FOR ME... You said that you build your hopes on things that are eternal, yet you are operating in only what you can physically see. Get it together Vincent...” And me... “Yes sir...”

Yeah... God and I have those types of conversations sometimes lol... He has His Way of yoking me up a few times lol... But I am truly grateful for the tough love...

If we indeed love God, then everyday we should make the effort to express our love to Him. A prayer... giving thanks... sharing a kind word with others... just being obedient to God... and there are many more ways... but it starts with being obedient.

THOUGHT: The deal is this... without the Love of God in you... DO NOT expect to made whole. There’s a difference in just being healed... or delivered ... of unbound. When one realizes that he/she must submit him/herself to the Will of God and do as Deuteronomy 6 says... then and only then can the process of being made whole begin and in turn... you can be sangin’ with the Clark Sisters (I’m Living A Blessed Life) in the car LOL!!!! Okay well may not quite that song...lol... but you definitely can start living a blessed life.

Stay tuned for Step 2: Love Yo’ Neighbor... (Hmmm... this will be fun lol)

Father God,

I thank You for today. A new day with new opportunities to right wrongs and seek You more. Lord, thank You for the ministry at the Life Center. It indeed has been a blessing to me. I thank You God because You are answering my prayer everyday as far having a closer walk with You. Lord there are things that I know I am still hardheaded about, but I know thru self examination that You present to me... that I will make the change that is need so that You get the glory. Thank You God for Jay Cameron. Thank You for allowing this man to be real so that others can truly see themselves and make the steps to Love You More and serve You better. Protect us all on today Lord as we go out to work via... bus, train, cars... Lord let us learn something on today that we did not know yesterday and then apply it to our lives and tell someone how You are our light so that others can see You and ask what is it that I need to do get this light. Thank You God for you have done... doing and will do.

In Jesus Name...

Amen.

Be blessed y’all... Oh and another thing: Today is World AIDS Day. Get tested, know your status and pray for those struggling with this disease, directly and indirectly....

No comments: