Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Lil’ Son Chronicles ~ Love Yo’ Neighbor

What up people? How is everyone? Hope all is well. Well today we’ll continue with the message that Pastor Jay gave on Sunday. How to live the blessed life. Yesterday was part I, Love God. Here is the thought from that message:

THOUGHT: The deal is this... without the Love of God in you... DO NOT expect to made whole. There’s a difference in just being healed... or delivered ... of unbound. When one realizes that he/she must submit him/herself to the Will of God and do as Deuteronomy 6 says... then and only then can the process of being made whole begin and in turn... you can be sangin’ with the Clark Sisters (I’m Living A Blessed Life) in the car LOL!!!! Okay well may not quite that song...lol... but you definitely can start living a blessed life.

Today is step 2.... Love Yo’ Neighbor.... *sigh*... this will be fun.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to Love God without loving people. Let’s be real, people will piss you off. But you cannot allow the actions of people to cause you have hatred towards them. For example, I have an aunt that I love dearly, but her actions.... *sigh* let’s just say with me loving her, God is quite pleased LOL! (Erika, Monique and Mom... no comment lol!). But when you walk around and everything is negative and you have this nasty attitude, you gotta ask yo’self...do I really love God??? I mean seriously... half of y’all know y’all look too good to be looking a mess in the face... it only take 17 muscles to smiles and a lot more to frown. Fellas... it’s not a good look to be balding in you 20’s behind hating on folks... Ladies... why go through getting all pretty and yo’ attitude makes you look like a gremlin... and I’m not talking about Gizmo... Ight let me stop, before y’all cut me... hmmm... WHATEVER LOL!!!

But seriously, when one does walk around like that... that’s an indication that you got issues that you can’t control. So give it to Jesus... More importantly, the root is being unloved. You would be surprise how many folks that have good jobs... homes... friends... family and so on and yet never felt love. And then as the song goes... looking for love in all the wrong places... (I think that was a song but don’t quote me on it lol). But think about it... this leads to abusive relationships (physical... mental and yes... verbal)... in and out this one and that one’s bed... drugs... alcoholism... and anything that you become addicted to outside of God.

But here’s a thought:

Proverbs 25:11

A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.

Take the chance and speak about what’s in you. You be surprised how what you say may be similar to what the other person may be going through. And to those that are the shoulders... don’t help folks for your own self gain... Do it because... it’s your obligation.

Make the effort to show compassion to others because truth of the matter, someone show you compassion. And to those on the receiving end, if there is a friend or family member that you confide in... Listen to them when they speak... while they don’t have all the answers, the fact that they are willing to listen to you will do wonders alone.

SIDE THOUGHT: Yeah we all have our times when we vent about this and that, but be mindful with that. One time is cool, but afterwards, you should start making changes so that you don’t say the same thing over and over.

While you in the dumps acting like Eeyore, you can be channeling that energy into something positive like helping someone else... or getting a promotion... or dealing with the past issues that have you down in the dumps.

SELF: For me, when I came to DC, it was easy for me to be depressed and mad with the world. I buried my dad and granddad within a month’s difference and I didn’t feel like it. Jermell and Gloria would listen, but after while they would look at me and be like... “Uhhh Bitch? Can you man da hell up?” Yeah they get cut throat like that, but shoot I needed it... I was a hot mess. LOL! Couldn’t drive... credit jacked up and so and so on. It wasn’t until 2006, that I realize yeah, that I present value added... to my nieces... godsons... and others... but most importantly... that I could finally say, “you know what I really love me... and I really do have a love for others and I love God...” And so that’s what brought about this whole writing. At first it was really cool. To think my big head had all this stuff in me lol... but now I look and realize... this is part of God’s will for me. To use this venue to be a blessing. Some people say oh V that was good... but I’m like naw... this is God... all God. I’m just thankful that He would use me to be a blessing to others and that I made a choice to serve Him. With each, God shows me things about myself; some I like... some I don’t, but it all works together for the better and so I bless Him for it all.

THOUGHT: Loving God is top priority... but you prove your love for God when you are obedient to His Word and love others. Even with all the mess that folks have... realize you have mess with yourself as well.... so don’t get it twisted. At the same token, loving people does not always mean you have to be in all their stuff either. Sometimes something powerful like prayer is enough. That is a lesson that I am learning now... a lesson that hurts a little, but reminds me that I have to be ... c’mon say it with me OBEIDENT... As difficult as it can be, some people you will love so much that you must let them go and can only pray for them. Besides... I may call myself being a friend but what I’m doing is helping may actually hinder, then I’m not helping and trust me, God will pull you up on it.

Stay Tuned for ...Serving the World... A Story of Viola Vaughn...

No comments: