Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 12, 2010

Lil’ Son Chronicles – Living Purpose…

Starting today through the next 13 weeks, I will have a unique experience. Today I will start a class at my church that I am excited and a little nervous about. This isn’t the typical statistics, physics, or economics class. This course will touch on something more than all the theoretical reasoning. I pray Living Purpose, the title of the course, will bring forth a deeper understand of who God is in my life and make me even more transparent to Him, His Children, and myself. This is the second time this class has been offered by the church and initially I was too nervous to sign up because I didn’t know what to expect. This time around, still nervous, but I hear God saying, “What do you have to lose? If anything, you will gain so much. Just take that first step.” And so that’s what I’m doing.

I am debating on keeping a journal for the next 13 weeks on the progression during this course. Still nervous, but more excited because I know God is with me. I also know that there will be some things that will be revealed to me; both past and present, that can only help me to grow. More so, I pray that I will become an effective vessel for God to use to bless others. And that’s pretty cool.

There are few scriptures that I’ve read and/or came to mind when discussion of this course came back. Matthew 4:4, Proverbs, chapters 1 & 2, Psalm 139, Deuteronomy, chapters 28-31, and my motto… James 1:3-4. I definitely want to maximize the most out this class, but at the same time be humbled by what is being said and open to God.

I can recall, starting at the age of 16, I would pray to God for a closer walk. Seem like I would pray this prayer for years on end. Even with all that was going on, that was my request. Amazing, because at the time I made this request, everything seem to be going wrong. Today; however, I make this request, because the relationship with God is always growing. God always does His part in this connection, and yet we don’t always do our part. I thank God that I am making a better effort to do my part. Now, I am becoming conscience that I can be an asset or a hindrance. And that’s based on doing my part in relationship with God.

THOUGHT: I’ll make a plea to you all. Submit who you are to God. It’s not easy. There will be tears. There will be times when you want to give up. But fear the Lord your God and serve him. Hold fast to him and take your oaths in his name. Deuteronomy 10:20 (NIV). Always know that He is with you and will give you the grace to deal with the tough issues. Know that the past hurts and trials don’t have authority over you. If you are willing to submit unto the Lord and face the trials you will come out stronger than before, “because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything”, James 1:3-4 (NIV).

No comments: