Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 19, 2010

Lil' Son Chronicles ~ The Acknowledged Process...

The Process...

Inspired by Psalm 119...

"The Most Difficult Part in Change is to Start..."

For years we have been content with who we are. We are lawyers, business leaders, military personnel, ministers, musicians, authors and so on. That is all truly a blessing. But, yet we have something about ourselves that we would like to change. For some it's our attitude towards others; for others internal conflicts.

And then there are issues that haunt us over and over. In some cases, issues we brought on our own... other cases, issues that were forced upon us. When it's all said and done, we are left wondering, will there ever be a change?

When I first moved to DC, I was definitely in need of a change or rather a few changes. I'd just graduated from college, but was not ready for life. I couldn't drive, never had a job and worse of all lack the confidence a man of God should have. Initially I didn't even notice that I was in need of a change.

Many of us are like that. We don't realize that a change is needed. Satan for so long had our minds in one setting that to introduce a new way of thinking is almost absurd.

Here's how I see it though. In the first 22 years of my life, I've always assumed one way of living and that worked for me until I was 23 and realized life can really throw you around. I got to a point and had no explanation as to why and how I got to level in my life. But today at 29 (and might I add lookin gud at 29 lol!!!), I see that I got to that point in life through a process.

Many of us are going in one direction versus the other direction. And blindly we don't realize that we are going so far in the wrong direction due to a process. At some point and time we hit the dead end and realize that we have been going the wrong way and have no choice but to turn around pursue the right way or just sit there at the dead end.

But understand that God loves us. He wants for us to be lead by Him (the right direction). In order to do that we must also be led through a process. The difference now is that we see that it takes a process to get to the next level versus before when we were blind.

Thought: Change is rough, but worth it. The more we evolve, the higher our maturity climbs and the more open we are to what God has for us...



Father God:

I thank You for a new day. Another chance to make improvements and advance in Your Name. As difficult as it is Lord... help us all to see the mistakes that we've made; not as a downfall, but as a lesson to bless us in the present and future. Lord let the challenges that we've been dealt and have overcome be footsteps for the next person that may be connected to us. Lord, use and accept us as Your Vessels... pure and holy for Your Will. I bless Your Name for the process; for it is the process that sustains... maintains... and preserves us all. I bless Your Name for all that You have instore for Your Children.

I Believe and Receive it now...

In Jesus Christ...

Amen...

P.S. Don't forget to greet someone with a smile. It's easy to do and your smile can lead to another's breakthrough.

No comments: