Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 3, 2008

Lil’ Son Chronicles ~ Random Thoughts...

This week for me has been interesting in an interesting way lol... A few things have stuck out... the VP debate... a couple dreams I had... a song by Mary J. Blige... and Growth

Let’s briefly start with the debate. All and all I think it was good. I think Palin showed that she can stand and hold her own. I’ll give lil’mama her props. Folks say what they want to say, but to be put in this type of platform it takes a lot and I’m sure most would not have nerve like she has. Biden on the other hand showed that he can be cordial lol... we all know Biden will lay you out lol, but I think he did a good job as far as presenting the knowledge. I really like how he represented for the single fathers that are raising kids... I can’t imagine what Biden went through with loosing his wife and daughter... wow... On a whole I was impressed with both candidates, except one thing... can someone explain to me the whole winking thing... I mean at one point I’m like is shawty trying to holla at me LOL!!! But naw I’m messing... Kudos to Biden and Palin... May God keep you both... Oh I am registered to vote; been for a few years too and I’m still not telling you who I’m voting for LOL!!!

Now the important stuff...Dreams...

Since Grandma Kathryn past back many many many years ago, I always manage to have vivid dreams. After her past, I would dream that I could see her shadow in a light. This went on for a while and then finally she step out the light and looked at me and smile. Well fast forward to now, this week I’ve been dreaming about some weird things... well not so weird more like a reminder and warning.

Dream#1 – I was in the house in my room and there’s a man in the room. It’s dark... I’m mean pitch black... so one would think how can you see anything? That’s what weird part is... see I honestly could not see the man with my physical eyes but I could see him... (spiritual eyes). Nonetheless... there I was still... and he pulls out a gun and shoots me. Mind you I’m standing there. The bullets come at me but each time a voice would shout out... Hallelujah or Jesus... or God... and each time a shield would come up around me.

Dream #2 – I think I was over a friends house; who’s I don’t know... but I went back to the car and it wasn’t there. So I walked and saw my car up on a tow truck. I went over and there was an officer... well for some reason I was arrested for what I don’t know and I remember the next thing... I was in court... and through the entire ordeal... I was still and at peace... almost like I knew God was with me and that it won’t no sweat off my brow...

After each dream I woke up to a sense of peace. I guess God is speaking to me about 2009 and how there will be some attacks to come my way and some others but God has already cancelled the plans of the devil. This lets me know that the anointing is ready to be nurtured and grow so that fruit can be produced. But with that process will come some weeds that will try to choke out the seed... but God is saying to hold fast and focus on the sun... (The Son that is lol) and the growth will come.

Mary J...

Now most know I am a Mary J. fan... She always puts out something for you to bump yo’ head to. For the entire week, I have been playing one song from her. It comes from her, “Share My World...” cd, entitled “Searching”... I think the influence from the song came from Roy Ayers... I guess it was 1997 when this cd came out. We were bumping to “I Can Love You”... “Seven Days” but this song, “Searching” was my jam. Initially for the beat... but now I listen to it and I’m like wow... This song for me takes me back to time when I was searching... in the wrong places and people. And in some cases, today I still am dealing, but now I am searching in the right way... God’s Way... One bridge that she says makes a lot of sense...

Oh why are we still searching?
When the answer's right in front of you
I'm telling you
You better look straight a head of your path
Because the love is always there

Why do we continue to put all of our faith in this and that when this and that can not do you like Jesus can?

Point# 1. Many of the hurts and pains of the past that we have can lead to us being in a state of searching for peace and love in the wrong places. Some find... alcohol... some find sex... some find drugs... and some find some things that weren’t meant to be found... Now you may say well... you don’t know my past and your right... but you know your past and you know to get to your discovery lies within dealing with your past... It won’t be fun, but in dealing with the past... you can then start to think with a clearer mind... and God can definitely kick some knowledge in you that will bless you and others on another plateau.

Sometimes in order to go forward... you have to be willing to face you past and then you put it behind you...

Point# 2. Here’s another issue; some of us have some good deals and don’t even acknowledge it...

Now I’ve never been married but based on my parents, I can definitely I have a good example to lead by... Thanks Mom & Dad... Indeed thank ya’ll! Cuz some of these folks that are married out here be going through too much and I’m like it can’t be dat serious.

Now let’s take another married couple. They have been married for about 15 years and yet all along the way there seems to always be an issue. He doesn’t do it my way... she doesn’t do my way...

Now me, never married, wonders... as a couple do you ever stop solely putting faith in one another and put it in God to be with you both as a unit? When does it as a husband do you stop running from your responsibility and let God lead you so that you can be the head of your house? When does it as wife, do you stop belittling your husband and realize that God needs to call you to attention on some things about you?

This brings me to my 3rd point... One on one with God... It’s sooo vital to have a one on one connection with God. Understand that God placed an anointing in you and that you need to operate in it... I think then God will show you things that will be of benefits and place folks in your life that will really help that anointing to grow and you can do the same for them...

THOUGHT: Mary puts its best...

We are living in a world
Of "Who has what?" and "Who is who?"
But I'm telling you my friend
The answer's right in front of you
We are searching for a peace
Piece of mind is what we need
We are searching for the love
That comes with the unity

If you are searching... make sure you are doing it through God leading you...

No comments: