Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Lil’ Son Chronicles ~ Wow...

Amazing. Who would’ a thought that at the age of 27, I would be witnessed to a major event. An event that as an African American man (with some Cameroon roots lol), that my ancestors, forefathers and foremothers have bled, cried, sweated, endured for.

The biggest thing for me is Virginia. Being a native of Portsmouth, I was elated to know that Obama won VA. For me it does so much. Because VA has always been thought of as one of the birthing places of slavery, for some reason many people (all races) have always felt that oh well it is what it is. But to see Obama win VA, along with Warner, it lets me know that with God, all things are possible. The mere fact that Barack Obama will be our next president... amazing.

But here’s something else that was amazing. I watched the news and saw something simply beautiful. There were people all over the streets of DC... black... white... asian... indian... and many more. It took me immediately to Dr. Martin Luther King’s speech. Last night, God has allowed that dream to manifest as a reality.

For a moment... put aside political views... think about it y’all. Here is an event that my grandparents never thought that they would see. An event, that let’s me know... “so this is yet another reason dad has a smile on his face. He knew when he left this world what was going to happen.”

All I can say is wow...

Father God...

Thank You. I thank You God for the strength of past pioneers across this world. God thank You for Noah... David... Joshua... Jacob... Esther... Ruth... Elijah... John the Baptist... Peter... Paul... Abraham... Sarah... Job... Dr. King... Malcolm X... Shirley Chisholm... Rosa Parks... Abraham Lincoln... JFK... for Big Momma... Big Daddy... Nana... Papa... Grandma... Grandpa... My mom... my dad... and I know I’m missing some others, but Father God, I thank You for Jesus Christ. The wisdom... the seeds that You continue to plant... the fact that with You God... we can do anything... and be all that You have ordained. God, I thank You the ministry that will explode in Charles in 2009... God I thank You for the shift that will occur in Colin’s life before the end of this year... God I thank You for the successful business that will manifest itself in Monique. God I thank You for the future that rest within my nieces and godsons... Father I thank You... for what you have told my dad as he left this world... God.... thank You blocking suicide from me... I praise You for the ministry that You have for me... that will be a blessing to many... God... I ask that You have Your Way... in me and in us all. Father God, I ask that You be with Barack Obama. Walk with him... talk with him... tell him that he is Your Own. Stir up the gifts in him and let his light shine so that when we see President Obama... we will first see the Holy Spirit that comes from You God. I claim it and receive it now...

In Jesus Name...

Amen...

No comments: