Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lil’ Son Chronicles ~ Rescue 9-1-1

This actually was a show that use come on in the late 80’s and went through to the mid-90’s. I would watch it from time to time. It kind of reminded me of Cops... but a little more serious. Nonetheless, there is another thought that comes to mind as well. I recall watching a piece of sermon on You Tube that dealt with the numbers 9-1-1. Of course this sermon was post 9/11.

As we all are aware 7 years have past since that day. I can recall what I was doing that very day. I was a junior in college and I had just left the cafeteria as usual around 8:40 to go to my Modern Physics class. As usual, I would first stop in at the lab to check my email and have a quick laugh with Miss King. When I got into the lab everyone was staring at the T.V. Me being nosey I wanted to see as well. I looked at the television to see a plane crash into a building. My first reaction was I guess this a movie. And then I really looked and was like “Oh S**T!” As the day went along, I became even more numb to find out about the attack on the Pentagon and the crash in Pennsylvania.

To think that all those people that died on that day. Wow...

And 7 years later... as I sit and reflect I ask myself, “V, how can you be so selfish? To want to take your own life, while the people of 9/11 did not have a choice?” And even now, that hits me like a ton of bricks because, someone’s mom... dad... son... daughter... and so on lost their lives. And while God knows all, in my human mind, it’s like so many people got cut off without fulfilling their purpose. While only 4 years ago (in 2005), I was willing to cut myself off from fulfilling God’s purpose. A classic trick of the human side with the aide of the enemy.

Today; however, I can stand more firm than ever. At times it’s frightening because, the hope is that I don’t come off as being conceited or arrogant but rather humble, confident, and grateful. But God knows and that’s what counts. Now, while there are things that may bother me, for some reason I just won’t allow the issues of this world to hinder me anymore. Call me crazy, but it’s like surge of newness that flows in its own way and everything that was meant or meaning to throw me off track... only reminds me of how important it is to stay on track. Now granted I have my moments, but only for so long can I focus on it... and the spirit man says, “Okay, enough of that ... time to get back on track and move to the next track.”

As of lately, work has been busier and it seems that a lot of people are just going through just for sake of going through. Sometimes, I get a little frustrated because, some issues that we all deal with... we really can over come but that little thing called emotions seems to cloud the relationship with God. Let’s look at a 2 scenarios...

Scenario #1 - It’s easy to sit back and not say anything. Especially when you are doing all the “right things” in others’ eyesight or when you are not aware. But then you forget or never realize... YOUR VOICE DOES MATTER. And this isn’t a cliché that should only stand for when it comes time to vote. YOUR VOICE COUNTS FOR EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING CONCERNING YOU AND GET THIS... IT’S FREE... The time for being timid and shy about who you are and whom’s you are needs to stop.

Scenario #2 - Loving yourself. Now maybe because God is revealing things to me, based on my past, but I wonder how we can say we love and trust God (whom we never seen) and yet we put up with all the confusion that is blatant and in our physical sight from him/her? How do you claim that you love him/her and you know they mean no good? In no way are they helping you to grow or you helping them to grow. And really that goes past relationships... more so with people in general. And maybe, just maybe the key is starting with self. On some levels that can be a challenge, based on upbringings and events. But when all boils down to it, you have to look in the mirror and ask yourself, “What do I want for me? What do I like about me? Do I love myself? What are some good qualities that I posses that must grow? What are some areas that need to be changed? Am I hindering someone from their destiny because I would seek my destiny?” And so on and so on... I think if we, with God leading, can began to answers these important questions, we won’t experience the difficulties of the people that “claim to be for us/us being for them,” yet on the level of BS.

So I say this: Put aside the hurts for minute. Stop looking to momma and daddy for all the answers. Stop with the silent agreeing when you feel that you should speak up. Think about the fact that you are a child of God... Seriously... think about that.

A Child of God should not sit and wallow in sorrow. A Child of God must always know within themselves that God loves them, they love themselves and that solution to everything lies within, His Word... Prayer Life... and Praise & Worship...

I took the title Rescue 9-1-1 for a reason:

Psalm 91:1 - He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

THOUGHT: I heard this in a song before, but it’s the truth... “Why are you trying to figure it out, when God has already worked it out?” Because you don’t see the outcome with the physical sight, you chosen to fall for all the distractions. That’s we are to walk by faith (spiritual eyes) and not by sight (physical eyes). As well as this, speak over yourself. You can be your own disadvantage or your own advantage. Do you choose to believe that 9-1-1 can mean your completion? Think about it... 9-1-1=7... Complete ... and indeed... it is finished.

Father God,

I thank You for grace and mercy. I ask that you be with the families and loved ones of the 9/11 attacks. Comfort them, as well as the Nation at large in the way Only You can provide. And Lord, so many hurts are out there trying to hinder us from Your Way, but God I ask that You have Your Way in everything that concerns us and the Plan that You laid out for us...

In Jesus Christ Name...

Amen.

No comments: