Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Living Purpose "LP" Entries ~ Seeing Is Believing…

NOTE: Starting today, I’m taking a break from Lil’ Son Chronicles to focus on my journal entries for The Living Purpose (L.P.) Entries… I pray that you be blessed!

The inspiration for this entry comes from 3 areas… The title comes from a song by Adriana Evans, “Seeing Is Believing,” but I just took the title. Next, the class I am apart of now, Living Purpose. Dynamite course. And lastly, but most importantly, the Word of God:

John 5:17 - Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working."

It has been almost 4 weeks now since I began the course, “Living Purpose.” Wow is the best way to sum it up. This course, in many ways, has caused me to stop and think about my relationship with God and how it’s not quite up to par as it ought to be. I think it is easy to get into a routine and not realize that you may be neglecting something or not doing enough. I find myself in this category as it relates to cultivating my relationship with God. Mind you this is only week #4 and it’s a 13-week course… The Lord has His way of yoking me up lol…

In the last 7 years of my life, A LOT has change. So much in such a short period of time and yet, it’s been very valuable. I am truly grateful to God for everything and Who He is in my life. But even with that, there’s still more. I’m making an effort to challenge myself a bit more in this Christian walk. And where I don’t challenge myself, God will and call me ALL the way out lol, “Oh, won’t He do it?!?!”

We are going through the book, “Experiencing God” by Blackaby, Blackaby and King. AWESOME tool along with the Bible of course. What I do like about this book is that it’s careful to reference everything back to the Word of God… I urge all you to get this book and find a group so that you all can go through it… It has and is a blessing to me.

Since being in class, there have been a whole host of scriptures, phrases, and questions that have come up that made me say, “Whoa”. But there’s one phrase that sticks out, “God is at work all around you.” How powerful is that? It’s almost like something that we are expected to know; like general knowledge. But think about it. It’s easy to see this phrase in action in the country side filled with trees and animals or at beach as waves crash on the shore and so forth. But this phrase can also be shown through something as simple as a smile, “have a good day!”, “be blessed…” and the best of them all, “I love you.” Small things that we can do are true examples of God being at work all around us.

Today, as you go on your lunch breaks, sit in the office, go home to your spouse and kids, take that walk/jog, workout at the gym, etc… stop and see how God is being instrumental in everything around you and you as well. The Power of God is truly amazing. Just open your eyes and see how it has, it is, and it will manifest…

Be blessed!

P.S. John 5 - 19Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. 20For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, to your amazement he will show him even greater things than these.

Stay Tuned for … Doing Too Much, To Gain What??? (This will be a slight re-write of a previous chronicle from last year, but is very relevant for this series.)

No comments: